Sifting through the mass of UK eye doctors
As there is very little risk involved in the procedure, more and more people are learning about the incredible benefits of reducing your dependence on glasses and contact lenses that come from a short and pain-free treatment.
That being said, Laser Eye Surgery is still a surgical procedure. Not only does the type of surgery required to differ according to each individual’s eye condition, but the surrounding systems and procedures that are in place play a huge part in its safety and outcome.
For instance, some of the risks of Laser Eye Surgery include over or under-eye correction, light sensitivity, dry eyes, and decreased night vision.
Most of these problems are mild, temporary, and most importantly of all can be avoided by choosing the right UK eye doctor. That’s because most Laser Eye Surgery problems or side effects can be attributed to improper preoperative testing, the equipment used, a lack of skill on the part of the surgeon, and inadequate post-operative care.
London Vision Clinic: Home of the UK’s leading eye doctors
Both being highly experienced and renowned in the arena of Laser Eye Surgery, Prof Reinstein and Mr. Carp also both have a strong belief in the importance of patient care.
The unique and thorough initial screening at the London Vision Clinic is therefore designed to calmy assure patients they’re having exactly the right treatment. While the procedure itself is often reported to be much more comfortable than a visit to the dentist’s chair, and the extensive post-operative regime ties it all together by being by your side for up to a year into your new life.
REQUEST INFO GUIDE
Take the first step towards better vision
A quick checklist for your UK eye doctor
Although we pride ourselves for being one of the UK and Europe’s leading Laser Eye Surgery clinics, we always advise people not to just take our word for it.
It’s no coincidence that those who understand nutrition are those that follow through with diets. Similarly, those who’re able to spot the best UK eye doctors for themselves and know what makes a good laser eye surgeon, are those that go on to have the treatment.
Before agreeing to anything, follow this quick checklist to ensure that your choice of UK eye surgeon is highly skilled and uniquely equipped to perform your treatment:
- A UK eye doctor who can perform laser surgery is required to be a registered ophthalmologist. Check your chosen doctor’s credentials carefully.
- Your UK eye doctor should not have less than three years of experience and have performed at least 500 similar procedures previously.
- Avoid a UK eye doctor that focuses on gimmick advertising and cheap prices. Your eyes are important and should not be entrusted to just anyone on a price basis.
- Your UK eye doctor should be part of a clinic or practice that focuses on Laser Eye Surgery and does not simply do it as a sideline venture.
- Ensure that all the equipment and technology used is up to scratch and does not look old and neglected.
- Your UK eye doctor should be part of the procedure from start to finish. Do not accept being initially tested and screened by someone other than the doctor who will perform the surgery.