This 3-hour course will provide a comprehensive overview as well as a detailed description of surgical pearls and lens sizing techniques. Each aspect of the course is taught in granular detail so that the attendee will feel very well equipped to optimise their current practice or reduce the learning curve if considering incorporating ICL surgery in their practice.
- Overview of the evolution of ICL technology, outcomes and long term safety
- Lens loading technique and pearls
- Surgical Implantation technique and pearls
- Lens sizing using OCT, handheld UBM and VHF digital ultrasound
- Intraoperative and postoperative imaging and biometry
- ICL exchange, complications and cataract surgery following ICL
The Optimizing ICL Outcomes: Expert lens sizing and surgical technique, London, United Kingdom, 17/09/2021-17/09/2021 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 2 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity. Through an agreement between the Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME® credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Information on the process to convert EACCME® credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/education/earn-credit-participation-international-activities. Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognised by the UEMS-EACCME® for ECMEC®s are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Dan Reinstein MD MA(Cantab) FRCSC DABO FRCOphth FEBO
- Bruce Allan, MD FRCS FRCOphth, Moorfields Eye Hospital: London, UK
- Scott Barnes, MD, Chief Medical Officer STAAR Surgical
- Sheraz Daya, MD FACP FACS FRCS(Ed) FRCOphth, Centre For Sight: London, UK
- Takashi Kojima, MD, Keio University School of Medicine & Tokyo Medical Center: Tokyo, Japan
- Julian Stevens, MRCP FRCS FRCOphth, Moorfields Eye Hospital: London, UK
Please fill in the form, below, to register your interest for this exclusive course from London Vision Clinic. You will receive confirmation of your registration and other information about the course within 48 hours.
Not ready to register and pay yet?
Ask a question and one of our team will get back to you.