Your Privacy and Security is of the Utmost Importance to Us … and to You
At London Vision Clinic we take your privacy very seriously indeed. It’s so central to our beliefs that we are the FIRST Laser Eye Clinic in the UK to adopt HTTPS Security for all web visitors.
You may see a padlock in the browser address bar when accessing the site – this is the universal indicator of secure access – and we’re adopted a 2048bit RSA key (very, very secure) to ensure all your information and browsing information is private to you and us.
Your privacy is our number one concern when you use our web-site and digital services so we are committed to making sure that your personally identifiable information is kept confidential when you use the web-site and that your contact information will not be shared with other companies without your consent and we will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to us remains private.
To complete this we have invested in making sure that all of our digital services use industry-leading security, like strong HTTPS encryption by default, as recommended by leading security analysts and Google themselves.
Note: Email communication is excluded from the above statement as there is no guaranteed standard of end-to-end encryption.
The Company is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Company may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st December 2014 and last changed on 5th December 2014.
What We Collect
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information that you provide – When you make an enquiry via our website, fill in any type of contact form, or request informative materials, we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information that you submit during this process with information from other London Vision Clinic Partners Ltd services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. The Company is not responsible for the privacy policies of other organisations.
- Log information – When you access any service provided by The Company via a browser, application or other client, our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send emails or other communications to The Company, we may retain those communications in order to process your enquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless operator associated with the phone number, the content of the message as well as the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Location data – The Company offers location-enabled services inside or as a core element of offerings, such as Location Finders and Mapping applications. If you use those services, The Company may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a mobile ID).
- Unique application number – Certain services include an application number that is not associated with you. This number and information about your installation (e.g. operating system type, version number) may be sent to The Company when you access, install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers (for example, to request automatic updates to the software).
What we do with the information we gather
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themself and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA).
- We may also share your personal information if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of The Company, its users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
- Personal information is also processed in order to undertake research. Where necessary or required this information may be shared with research organisations, but your name and personal identifying information will remain confidential unless you give The Company permission for the disclosure of such information.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To complete online transactions (such as online booking).
- To improve our products and services.
- To contact you about about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We sometimes may use third parties to collect conversion tracking data. We work with Twitter to collect data for remarketing purposes. To opt out of this, please visit http://twitter.com and sign in to alter your privacy settings.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie helps respond to you as an individual by remembering previous data stored. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We periodically use traffic log cookies to identify traffic patterns anonymously. This can be optionally blocked by opting out of Google’s Analytics programme.
Externally you can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This will prevent the website operating correctly and is an unsupported environment and as such we offer no guarantee of your booking or the correct operation of the web-site.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that London Vision Clinic Partners Ltd do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You may be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving emails relating to marketing and / or providing London Vision Clinic Partners Ltd news.
- You can actively choose to opt-out of receiving emails for direct marketing purposes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org – this will apply even if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- We may sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties and we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Data Protection Act 1998
We are on the Data Protection Register held by the Information Commissioner’s Office. Our Registration number is ZA080531. Connected-uk.com LLP and it’s agents may act as data processors; they are registered with the ICO reference number Z3318791.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to London Vision Clinic, 138 Harley Street, London W1G 7LA.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at addresses provided. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.