A unique, multi-disciplinary approach
From inpatient care to the emergency room, Mr Patel has plenty of experience in various subspecialties of Ophthalmology. His communication skills are unique, making him a hit with patients and colleagues alike.
Organised and able to juggle clinical work with the demands of management and service development. You could say he’s a specialist at complex cataract surgery and lamellar corneal graft techniques. He’s so committed to excellence that he’s constantly auditing his own outcomes.
- 2010: MBBS with Distinction in Clinical Science, University College London
- 2015: PGCert in Healthcare Leadership with Distinction, NHS Leadership Academy
- 2016: MSc Clinical Ophthalmology with Distinction, UCL Institute of Ophthalmology
- 2018: Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- 2021: Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT), Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- 2022: Certificate of Laser Refractive Surgery (CertLRS), Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- 2010: Duke Elder Ophthalmology prize, rank 22/427
- 2010-2015: Distinctions in MBBS, MSc and PGCert Healthcare Leadership
- 2017: Southern Ophthalmological Society, 1st prize trainee presentation
- 2019: Moorfields Alumni Association Bursary
Recognised leader in eye surgery
Mr. Darshak Patel is a Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and has worked at Moorfields Eye Hospital, Western Eye Hospital, St Thomas’ Hospital, Kingston Hospital Moorfields at St George’s Hospital, Princess Royal University Hospital/Queen Mary’s Hospital, The University of Sheffield/ Royal Hallamshire Hospital, and Barnet and Watford General Hospitals.
Away from work
Mr Patel is not only a laser eye surgeon, cataract surgeon, and corneal surgeon, but he finds time to keeping fit and run around after his 2 year old. When he finds the time, he also goes hiking around the Chilterns.
Read out more about the pioneering work done by Mr Darshak Patel and his fellow eye surgeons at the world-leading London Vision Clinic.