Laser Eye Surgery Results Correlate With Technology?
The technique the preceded LASIK was first made possible around the 1950’s, since then the laser technology and procedural developments have been great and the success rates are continuously improving. This begs the question: Do Laser Eye Surgery results correlate with the Laser Eye Surgery technology?
Certainly there are lasers that may be prone to a little overcorrection or a little under-correction based on the data. However, this is where the real decision needs to be made – slight variations in laser technology are understood, measured and compensated for by skilled LASIK Surgeons. Importantly, the surgeon, not the laser, makes the major difference.
Another important consideration is whether the laser system being used for your treatment is regularly serviced and maintained by the manufacturer.
At London Vision Clinic, we aim to select the best Laser Eye Surgery technology:
- The Zeiss MEL 80 Excimer laser offers the most accurate, auto-stabilised calibrated laser energy delivery.
- The Zeiss VisuMax Femtosecond laser allows the shortest treatment time, and is surprisingly comfortable.
- The Artemis™ ultrasound scanner was the direct result of ophthalmic research by Prof Reinstein and a select team of LASIK surgery experts. It provides the most accurate corneal measurements in the world.
- The Zeiss WASCA High-resolution Wavefront Aberrometer provides the highest resolution wavefront data available.
- Topography produces a shape ‘map’ of the front and back surfaces of your cornea, showing its varying curvatures. We use the Pentacam as well as the Bausch & Lomb Orbscan II – both the most advanced instruments of their kind.
The surgeon should do thorough examination and consultation to ensure you are deemed to be a suitable candidate for the Laser Eye Surgery and that they have a vast amount of experience with the technology to perform your treatment.
To learn more about the experience and expertise of London Vision Clinic surgeons and the technology used, please contact us.
Contact a Patient Care Coordinator at 0207 224 1005 to discuss what results you can expect to achieve.
Knowledge Dispels Fear
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join over 5,000 people already receiving the very best advice on Laser Eye Surgery ...